“Accessibility allows us to tap into everyone’s potential.” — Debra Ruh
This site provides information and resources for Western’s digital accessibility efforts, and is geared towards anyone that creates or contributes to Western’s digital content.
Incorporating accessibility into Western Washington University’s culture is not only the right thing to do, but also provides many benefits to the campus community. Accessible technologies allow all members of the university to learn, work, and contribute in their own way.
Take Accessibility Training
WebTech has two dedicated staff to assist with any accessibility related questions or issues.
Carly Gerard, Web Accessibility Engineer
- Coordinates web accessibility remediation and maintenance efforts.
- Consults with campus web developers and content creators on making web platforms compliant with accessibility standards.
- Trains on accessible web, document and multimedia accessibility.
David Engebretson Jr., Digital Technologies Accessibility Coordinator
- Analyzes Western’s digital content and technology accessibility
- Provides end user testing with screen readers and other assistive technology.
- Trains on accessible web, document, and multimedia accessibility.